So, just like all of you, we've been busy! And busy parents could use some help when it comes to obtaining groceries. Disclaimer: I have NOT been paid to write this; all opinions are my own. Just seemed too good not to share! That said, let's talk about how Walmart will do your aisle-walking for you, bring the groceries out to your car, put them in your trunk, and all you have to do is sit there! And pay. You do have to pay. (See below for info on a limited time discount code.) I just found out about this service from friends in my MOPS group. Here's how you do it:
- Go to the Walmart Grocery website, and register.
- If it's available in your area, you pick the store where you'd like to get the food, and pick the date and time (a two hour window) for pickup.
- Shop online for your items.
- Pay with a credit or debit card online.
- Check your email for a confirmation, and a map of where by the store you'll need to park.
- The store will call you when the order is assembled. You can pick it up then, or wait until the time slot you chose (they are just finished early sometimes.)
- Call the store 10 minutes before you'll arrive, and then you'll need to call again once you park in the designated pickup spots.
- Sign for your groceries through the window of your driver's seat.
- Open the trunk. They load.
- You go home!
I tried it for the first time today, with my kids in the backseat. They got to listen to Christmas music and look at library books, and I got to have my trunk loaded with groceries. I made the order the night before, while watching TV with my husband, something I was going to be sitting on the couch for, anyway!
We don't always shop at Walmart, since they don't have everything I want, but I will say for some basics it was great. They have also expanded their organic offerings, which you can read about in this article. For organic dairy and packaged items, it's pretty good, though I will say I'd like to see them offer more organic produce. The pickings for fruit and vegetables is slim. But since Walmart is so affordable, I got the whole trunk, most of which were organic items, for just $66. Partly that's because of a code my friend shared with me to get $20 off.
Here are details about the code: Expires January 15, 2016. The code is GIFTED20 and they will take $20 off an order over $80!
Do you know of any other stores that offer similar services? Share in the comments below!